Sunday, March 27, 2011

The Surge and the Silence

Yippee! I surged.

I actually tested for LH again last night just to make sure I didn’t start surging last night, which would have meant we would have had a smaller window to ‘practice’, and it was still pinkless. So good to see the surge occurred as it did last time, so I have a day and a half to get jiggy on it with my Prince.

Oh, the pressure to have hot, romantic sex by the clock. Trust me, not so romantic.
I don’t want some test to tell me when we have to have sex! So, for the past three months, it hasn’t exactly been a trip to Luna Park during ovulation time. There’s the rush to get home when you’ve been out. There’s the “who brings it up first” game of silence you play, not wanting to put pressure on the other person. There’s the fights you have when you’re too scared to bring it up and the other person goes to bed, and so on and so forth.

So basically, I dread it around ovulation time. It’s like an exam creeping up and you desperately hope you go well.

So, after doing a shocking job the last three months, Andy and I resolved we’d do much better this time, like hug lots, talk lots, and prepare lots. And prepare he has! He’s finally learnt not to argue with me if I ask him to free his love sacks a few days before ovulation by wearing boxer shorts instead of his beloved briefs. He’s also been taking man-vitamins, banning drinking a few days before, and eating better.
The pressure to conceive and give a baby not only to myself, but my partner who SO wants to be a father isn’t hard enough without knowing you’re doing a crap job of preparing yourself for a good chance at ovulation.

But, he’s been an angel, and I’m really thankful for that.

Ax

No comments:

Post a Comment