Sunday, March 27, 2011

Attempt number four

I’m thinking this post best be devoted to laying down some basic foundations of who I am, and where I’m at, on the baby trail.

We’re not one of those couples who one decides to start trying out of the blue. We were TOLD that if we want children, we had to ram out foot on the accelerator!

I’m 36 with an ovarian reserve level of 11. Slightly under what the reserve should be, but still fine to conceive (so I’ve been told).

Four months ago, I had my second laparoscopy to remove a cyst from my left ovary, which was made up of endometriomal tissue and a bit of endo (since removed). Post-op check-up, my partner (hereto referred to as "Bob". Not "Bob" but seeing as I haven't asked his permission to put his name here, better call him "Bob) and I were told to ‘put the accelerator’ on because of my age and history with endo.

Bob is 30, young, verile and god love him, enthusiastic to start a family. He’s amazing with kids and wonderful and kind-hearted to boot. Besides getting pregnant, I couldn't want anything more.

So, we’re about to start attempt number four. We’re giving it six months to try naturally, then if that doesn’t work, we’ll pursue IVF. Six months is tops for me because I'm just way too fearful the cyst will grow back, which will hamper our babies efforts.

While I’m not going as far as charting temperatures, I AM doing pre-ovulation testing by clocking the LH surge. By that I mean I’m weeing in a plastic container as small and as shallow as a pikelet, whacking a stick into it, and if the pink line matches the control line, it means that the hormone signaling I’m about to ovulate is on the rise means I’m about to pop out some eggs baby!

The surge last for 36 hours, so you can guess what Bob and I are doing for the next day and a half.

My Chinese Doctor is wonderful. I sometimes think of him as Dr Wow. Remember Charlotte's Dr. Mao (Dr Wow) from Sex and the City? Well, my doctor is also Chinese, he was a Doctor in fact in China and.. his name is Dr. Ma. So, apart from the "O" at the end of his name, he is now formally my Dr. Wow. He has cured me from everything I've had in the last two years so I figured considering he also helps with fertility, I'd put my faith in his fertility powers...

Ax

No comments:

Post a Comment